Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Few More Short Stories

Deleta

Kids are great! I LOVE kids! I used to work at a children's play center when I lived in Meridian and I loved it. The only thing about kids, is their coordination. Normally, that's not important. Occasionally, it is. Like when you are trying to rollerblade at the local roller-rink-area-place-thing and there is a mass exodus of tiny, ant-like, rolling wrecking-balls slipping and sliding through the rink. Those kids had proooooblems!

There were times I'd just being going along (and Emily agrees and attests to this!) and BAM! there's a kid right in front of me and I go "WHOA! I DON'T WANT TO HIT YOU!!!!" and I turn and hit the wall or the mini-wall which went a little lower than my ribs and surrounded the areas where people not skating were hanging out. I walked out of there with some SERIOUS bruises! Those little minions were crazy! And I wouldn't fault them, if they were in Elementary school or just learning to skate. No, these kids were pros. They were doing stuff I for sure couldn't do, they were just being meanie-heads while they were doing it! URGH! And I had the consideration to not smack them! Next time they're going down!

Okay, so another day we went, it was the first time I had skated in years! Well, it just so happened that I felt like falling. Now Emily was right behind me and  did some major ninja moves, barely stepped on me, and landed safely on the other side no worse for the wear. Seriously though, I want to know how she did that. We should have videoed it! It was LEGIT!

Princess For A Day

So, we're cool. And Emily, amazing, glorious, wonderful Emily, was homeschooled/online schooled and never got to go to prom or homecoming or dress up. I only went to prom once and never to homecoming. So we're cool and we decided to go out and be princesses! We invited one of our friends from the hall, Sarah, to join us. It got crazy fast! When doesn't it with us?!

We looked EVERYWHERE for princess dresses. But, because it's Pocatello, princess dresses don't exist unless it is legitly prom season. It was not prom season. (which is why we will be doing this again soon! Since NOW it is!) We walked into a dress shop. This was a REAL dress shop! She was actually closed, the only reason she let us in was because she was helping someone find a wedding dress and she thought we would buy something, otherwise we would have had more time to try on so many more gorgeous dresses! Anyway, it was SOOOO  much fun! Here are some of Emily's pics! We didn't think of taking pics while Sarah and I were dressing up!

Isn't it GORGEOUS on this Lovely Lady!!!!!??? It's floor length. You just can't tell in this pic

Subtle. Emily should be a model!

 The Tailgate and the Truffles

Just in case anyone who is reading this is still questioning our awesomeness, here's this story for you (not that it will actually resolve anything).

So Chi Alpha (the church ministry group on campus that Emily is actively a part of) and I have this sort of one-sided relationship. I don't go to Chi Alpha, but I might join in on a few of their fun events when Emily invites me (such as one of the above mentioned Deleta trips). Basically, I get to go to fun stuff where they get to watch me get fat, and I..... do nothing for them, like go to their main weekly Chi Alpha stuff. I don't know how or why they still put up with me! ;) But, several months ago (since we're WAAAAAY behind on our blog!) they had a tailgate desert bake-off. (This was early in our one-sided relationship, before it went nearly entirely one-sided)

I was thinking "Desert?! Bake-off?! Let's go!" But of course we had to bring something. The question now was what? Have you seen the dorms? No fridge (besides Emily's mini one that she is kind enough to let me share) No oven, no stove. We can't even make no bake cookies! Or, at least, we didn't think about it. Eventually, I thought TRUFFLES!!!!! =D And we made some AMAZING truffles on Emily's desk and bringing them in. Yep! We have pictures for you!

Don't they look amazing?!

I don't think this was all of them either! #TRUFFLEMADNESS!!!!

At the tailgate, I spent at least half an hour trying to remember everyone's names. That was intense. I was good by the time we left. I think I remember 72.0879% of them now. 

Frozen at Midnight

So because we're cool (yes, my excuse for all the weird things we do!) we were coming back from Winco a few weeks ago around 11:30. As we were walking back into the building, I glanced up at the pillars, four giant Greek-like columns that tower above campus behind our dorm and overlook a good portion of Pocatello. Now, looking at those pillars gave me a brilliant idea. Why not climb them?!

I mentioned this brilliant idea to Emily and a grin spread over her face. We were going up! We dropped our stuff off in the room, threw anything we had that needed to be fridged in the fridge and left. When we reached the top (me huffing a little) Emily's grin just spread wider. And she started to sing, "The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen." And I joined in. "A kingdom of isolation. And it looks like, I'm the Queen." We struggled through the subsequent verses, running from one side of the pillars to the other, leaping over rocks and ledges to make the effect all the more dramatic. Our voices grew louder and louder until we were practically screaming the words for all of Pocatello to hear, letting them be carried away by the crazy Pocatello wind to places unknown. We know pubic safety must not have heard us since no one showed up to see why two lovely ladies such as ourselves were screaming ourselves hoarse over a Frozen song. Which, in case you've been under a rock or living in a hole, sounds like this (NOW CLICK ON THIS!!!!)

Yep, we're cool. ;)




I think we're almost caught up. Stay tuned for more little short stories!
-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment