Saturday, October 12, 2013

I See This Life Like a Swinging Vine

Inspiration mixed with a healthy dose of craziness seem to regularly hit our room at about 10:30pm or later on weeknights. For instance, a couple of weeks ago Casey and I were studying late in the library. Casey had a bunch of reading to do for her classes, and I was in the process of freaking out about my first anatomy and physiology exam of the semester. It was the next morning! (terrifying! :-O )After I had reviewed my notes one last time and Casey was finished reading for the night, we decided to pack up and venture out of the library to head back up to our room.

By this time, I am pretty sure Casey knew I needed to blow off some of the stress I had been feeling  the past few days due to the exam. When we got back into the room she unpacked her laptop and went straight to Songza to blare her contemporary pop station. All of a sudden, I looked up just in time to see her give a saucy flip of her hair and flash an expression of pure inspiration across her face. Then, she just busted out with some crazy dance moves, right there in the middle of our dorm room! I couldn't just let her have all the fun, now could I? So after I got over the initial shock of my roommate doing some nerdy moves to contemporary pop, (we still didn't know each other extremely well at this point, so I was a bit surprised to see this side of her) I jumped out of my seat, did a twirl or two around the room, and joined in with her!

As Casey and I spun, flounced, jerked, and jumped around the room to Counting Stars, Roar, and other rad beats, the stress I felt melted away like butter on a hot pancake! Pretty soon our dancing became very ungraceful as we laughed hysterically at each others attempts to keep from tripping over our own feet. We kept this up for at least forty five minutes! Even when it got really hot in the room we didn't let it stop us! We just turned my fan on, opened up the window, and got back to being the weirdos that we are! Impromptu dance parties are just one of the many reasons I love my roommate. Housing could NOT have done a better job of finding me the perfect person to room with for my second year of college.

So the moral of the story is this: When you're feeling a lot of stress before a test, just crank up the music, grab your roommate by the arm, and dance your worries away! Casey and I were able to bond in new ways by opening our crazy sides up to each other, and guess what! I did really well on my exam. :) So everybody dance!!!!!!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment