Monday, November 4, 2013

Organized Chaos

We have a bunch of adventures that are super fun (or weird) so we don't want to forget them, but that are short, small, or just don't need a full post to share the full story. Each story will be subdivided with it's own little title and everything (That way it doesn't feel left out from the rest of the blogs. These are in no particular order (And I doubt we actually could put all these adventures in order anyway). Here we go!

The Hands Say It All
A few weeks ago, we decided to go grocery shopping and Emily really likes Winco. So we're heading there, and the traffic is surprisingly horrible! There is one main road in Pocatello and Winco is on it. It had  to be Pocatello's form of "rush hour". It was much more difficult than expected to move over in the right lane to turn into the parking lot. Luckily, we weren't going at night and I didn't have to deal with  the whole light thing. Seriously though. There are three streets in Pocatello. Yellowstone, Center, and Clark. Winco is on Yellowstone. I would rather drive in Boise rush hour than Pocatello. No one knows how to drive! (No comments on that Fred Meyer adventure okay).

So we're walking around and we get stopped right outside the bread aisle by this old guy who is talking about my shirt. I'm wearing one of the many free ISU shirts because it's "Bengal Wednesday" and you're supposed to wear ISU gear.

"I like your shirt. Do you know when the next game is?"

"Uh... Thanks. We don't really go to any of the games. Uh......." I'm sounding very much the sophisticated college student. Can you tell?

So we talk about random ISU stuff that only this old guy cares about, as sad as that is, for maybe thirty seconds and then we leave. I don't really think about this whole exchange until we're walking out the door. And there's the same old guy. It looks like he's about to walk inside and he passes us, points at me, as says,

"I know you! You're the girl that's always talking with her hands!" At which point he walks away in to the store, leaving Emily and me totally speechless.

I have to say, he's very observant for having only talked to me for such a short time.

Soup Du'jour
In case you haven't noticed yet, we're a little crazy when we're together. Some might argue that I'm crazy all the time, but their opinions don't count. For example, I am entirely unable to write on this blog without Disney music playing. Which is were this story all starts: Disney music.

Emily and I LOVE it! And I have a ton on my phone. When we're in the car, that's what we listen to (sometimes). I have discovered that there are actual words that make sense in some of those songs. Emily is an even bigger Disney nerd than me and she can tell you all of it, verbatim, without a problem. "Be Our Guest" makes a lot more sense than I thought it did before I heard Emily sing it. One night, we're eating dinner and we notice they have Soup  Du'jour, and we both get really excited and guess which Disney song we're both singing in our heads now? Yep. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay  in our heads very long.

The two of us, to  the horror of our dinner companions, start discussing this song and then we go get the soup (I don't recommend it from ISU's dining place by the way. I don't want to call it a cafeteria but that's what it is) and we sit down and the next thing I know, we're singing out loud, Disney music.

I do the only logical thing. I pull out my phone and play the song. We need the background. We're both hopeless singers. It took  while, but I'm pretty sure I remember some of our companions joining in. Probably at the very end, but we were singing Disney music! And it was GREAT!! Enough said.


People are Weird.
That's the only thing I can really say to summarize this next "story". People are weird. Did you know we've been yelled at by people from their cars at least three times in a two week period? And we have no idea who they are. Here's a hint, if we know you, slow down so we can see your faces. It's dark. How are we supposed to tell who you are? From what we hear, you're a creeper. Slow down people. Or just don't scream out the window at us. It's weird.

All we can see/hear (and Emily concurs) is blurred heads and flailing arms and indistinct screams. What's going on here? Yeah. We don't know either. it was just weird and we thought that since weird things always seem to happen when we're together that it warranted a post.

Casey

1 comment:

  1. Emily can see a movie once and years later watch it again and she will tell us what is about to happen. She memorizes the songs quickly.

    I am enjoying reading your adventures.

    ReplyDelete