Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines Day

I don't know if you guys have noticed yet, but Emily and I are crazy! =D So with Valentines just a few days away, Wednesday we decided to have  a plan. We couldn't go out, that would be awkward. We didn't just want to homework the night away, that would be lame (I think Emily actually called it "productive", whatever that is, but I'm paraphrasing)! So we decided to just rock it! At some point we got an idea.

Don't ask where this came from. Most of our ideas are spur of the moment kind of things where they just happen. But we decided to do our hair, dress up fancy, and do a photo shoot, then watch a movie. Because we're cool though, we didn't want to do nice hair. People that go out on dates or something do nice hair on Valentines day. Forget that! We were going to go big, as big as possible, and we were going to revel in the great bigness of our hair as we dressed in fancy clothes and took pictures! Oh yes! And we even had a red carpet! We were kinda just a little excited. =D

By the time Valentines Day came around, we were mostly ready. I had rented Les Miserables from the library where I work and were set to go with that. At dinner, a friend of ours, Rachel, sat with us. She was going to homework it all night! Seriously!? Forget that! So we dragged her out with us. Well, we dragged her out to our dorm. Same thing right? :)

When we got there, we pulled together our hair things. Each of us were clueless. We don't do hair! Ha! I hardly bother with mine. Hair is just soooo time consuming and mine is ridiculously thick! When it was longer, it took almost an hour just to straighten. So not worth the effort. So we stood there, trying to figure out the best way to make this work.

Well, once upon a time ago in a far, strange land, I heard of this thing called mousse. Styling moose. I had no idea had to use it really and none of us had any. But it might work. Off to Albertsons we went! We got lucky. There were no couples... and we got style gel AND mousse! What could have been better?!

When we got back, I was volunteered to go first. The instructions on the back of the bottles talked about damp hair, so, of course, I drenched mine,  absolutely soaked. Then I stuck gel and moose in it. Emily dried it. Because my hair is so thick, it took her a good 10-15 minutes and she kept telling my how thick my hair is and how  her would have been done forever ago. I think she just secretly wanted to go first and she didn't know how to express her excitement. ;)

Rachel set to work on my hair. And let me tell you it got big!
Yes, I meant to make that face! - Me and Emily and she dries. Tell me: Don't we just look so EXCITED?! =D

Me and Rachel in the process.
Once they finished, Rachel was off. Then Emily. Neither of them got process pictures because it took both of the remaining people to do the hair. Mine took forty minutes and we were trying to cut down on time. These are some pictures from the fashion show though! =D

Told you Emily was excited! ;)

Yep, we're crazy!
I think I was meant to be a model! =D

We're so silly! heehee

Emily won

The three of us together

Friends forevvvvvver!!!!!!! =D

When we were done with hair and pictures, we took showers and got the stuff out of our hair. We put a lot of hairspray in our hair (I attacked mine with hairspray!!!!) and I can't stand the feeling of hairspray so we were all pretty eager to de-knot our hair and get all the random products out. That done, MOVIE TIME!!!!

When Emily and I do movie nights or watch shows together, we pull down my bed and sit on that with the laptop at the foot of the bed. Then we usually pull out the popcorn, chocolate, or pretzel bread, whatever we have and snack. With three of us, it was a little harder, but we made it work. Very well, with our skill. (Emily sat on the floor). We had brownies and popcorn and watched Les Mis. None of us had seen it before. I know I for one was not expecting it to be a musical! Seeing Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman sing was so strange! (Emily hasn't seen Jackman in Wolverine, so she will forever see him as a nice old man with an amazing singing voice. He will always be Wolverine to me, but I was very much impressed with his performance! AMAZING!) And I was also the only one that cried at the end. Just a little though. It's okay.

We didn't get to bed until almost three (cuz we're crazy!) and we brought Rachel back home (I think she needed a break from our craziness) =D, but it was great and definitely worth it! Definitely a better night than those crazy people that went out or something. So cliche. ;)

                                                                                                             -Casey <3 =D

P.S. Sorry we haven't posted for a while. I got sick, and then we had finals, then we had Christmas break, and the start of the new semester... We'll try to update on our adventures as time goes on! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment